When I very first found CrossFit, everything was paleo. I mean, if you weren’t doing paleo then you probably weren’t a real crossfitter (insert eye roll). My then boyfriend, now husband was really big on this too so I figured I better try! I looked everywhere for books, sites, anywhere that help me or give me some decent recipes. It wasn’t like now where you have hundreds for every search you put in. Anyways, I came across “Make it Paleo” and fell in love. Their recipes were simple, few ingredients and they tasted delish!
Ryan’s favorite type of cookie is oatmeal and they have the best recipe for it! Full disclosure though, it’s quite the handful of ingredients but once you have them you’ll have plenty for multiple batches. I ALWAYS do a double batch. Also, if you have a Trader Joe’s, I recommend getting everything there, usually the cheapest.
Ingredients: (for single batch)
2 cups almond flour or almond meal
1/2 C flax seed meal
1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 C raw sunflower seeds
1/2 C raw pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 C pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C coconut oil
1 cup raisins
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl mix eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil with a hand mixer.
4. Stir wet ingredients in to dry ingredients.
5. Stir in 1 C raisins.
6. On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop tbps sized amounts of cookie batter.
7. Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes.
8. Allow cookies to cool and serve,
Sorry I don’t have a real photo, but whenever I make these they disappear SO fast!!! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!